For foreign nationals who wish to enter a particular country, it is imperative to obtain a legal visa to ensure that their visit there is legal. In Indonesia, tourists from certain countries must obtain an Indonesian tourist visa before entering. The thing is, Indonesia’s overall visa policy for tourists is very lenient.
So, what’s in play here?
Indonesia’s Tourist Visa
In Indonesia, tourist visas are designated as the Visa on Arrival (VOA) and Single-Entry Visitor Visa (Index B211A). If you want to visit Indonesia as a tourist, you can apply for either one of them to get yourself an Indonesian tourist visa.
But before that, how is Indonesia’s visa policy lenient if you still need to apply for them? Well, the leniency is shown by the fact that you can stay in Indonesia for a maximum of 30 days without an Indonesian tourist visa.
To do that, you only need to present your valid passport (valid for 6 months after the date of entry) and the return or onward ticket.
However, it’s a different story if you want to stay longer than 30 days in Indonesia. If you wish to stay for some months (6 months is the maximum limit), then it’s time for you to apply for a tourist visa.
Exploring Indonesia can take quite a long time, and that’s a fact. Because of that, the aforementioned visa types are designed to cater to that particular purpose.
Apart from tourism, you can apply for this visa if you’re visiting Indonesia for other purposes, such as government officials’ visits, business talks, visits to purchase goods, or transit.
However, VOA can only give you 30 days to stay in Indonesia, and you can only stay for another 30 days after the visa’s extension.
Afterward, you are required to leave the country at all costs.
Single-Entry Visitor Visa
Much like VOA, this visa can be used for other purposes that we’ve mentioned above. However, this visa gives you a longer period of stay in Indonesia.
How long is it? You can stay in Indonesia for 60 days (2 months), and you can extend your stay to 180 days (6 months). However, you can only extend this visa once. Quite a deal for an Indonesian tourist visa, right?
How to Get the One that Fits Your Needs
To apply for an Indonesian tourist visa that fits your needs, we will describe its procedures in the following section.
- Valid passport (valid for 6 months after the date of entry)
- Return or onward ticket
- IDR 500.000
- Visit the Immigration Checkpoint (TPI) once you’ve made the entry to Indonesia
- Present the requirements to have them checked by the Immigration Officer
- Pay the application fee once the requirements have been declared complete
- Present the payment confirmation to have the Immigration Officer create a profile for your data verification
- Obtain the VOA sticker on your passport from the Immigration Officer (visa is immediately granted)
Single-Entry Tourist Visa
- Valid passport (valid for 6 months for a 60-day stay or 12 months for a 180-day stay)
- A legal travel document for a stateless person (valid for 12 months)
- Proof of life expense from the applicant and family during their stay in Indonesia (USD 2.000 or equivalent)
- Return or onward ticket
- Two copies of colored photographs (4 cm x 6 cm)
- IDR 2.000.000/person (for 60 days)
- IDR 6.000.000/person (for 180 days)
- IDR 1.500.000/person (for 60 days and tourism purposes only)
- Visit the nearest Indonesian Embassy or Consulate to apply for the visa or fill in the applicant’s data on the following link (Online Visa Approval) to do the online application
- The Immigration Officer will perform a checkup on the data’s and requirements’ completeness
- Do the payment through the payment code once the previous checkup is complete
- Present the payment confirmation to the Immigration Officer to have them create a visa profile for you
- Obtain the visa grant approval and the issued visa
Compared to VOA, you will need to wait for a maximum of 4 (four) working days after the payment is made to have your visa issued.
Obtaining the most suitable Indonesian tourist visa based on your budget and agenda will ensure that your holiday in Indonesia will be a convenient one. Contact IZIN.co.id immediately if you need other types of visas to enter Indonesia! For more information, email us at email@example.com or via WhatsApp.